Thursday, September 23, 2010

San Juan del Sur






Playa Coco is a beautiful beach on the southernmost Pacific corner of Nicaragua. It seems to me that the season of Survivor that is premiering right now (not that I watch survivor very often, but this is Survivor Nicaragua, so I thought I would give it a shot) was filmed very near to where we were, as well as the season that is being filmed right now I know for certain is being filmed very close to San Juan del Sur and Playa Coco.
Playa Yankee

Beautiful Adina
rawr
The beach was always alive with life, but much more at nighttime. Turtles came into lay eggs (but photos are very difficult because flash is harmful to them and will scare them back into the ocean before they lay their eggs) and brightly coloured crabs skittered in and out of our flashlight beams


My favourite part of the trip was nearby Playa Yankee. Surf and sun and jungle (complete with vines and climbable cliffs), I really don't know what more a person could ask for.



Playa Yankee

Last but not least, the quintessential, jewel sunsets of San Juan.

2 comments:

  1. wow LOVE the pics :) looks like you guys are having fun :) Miss you guys

    <3 Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy - Love you too. Someday you'll come see me, right? Hawaii first though :)

    ReplyDelete